The client is a leading provider of IT production and recovery services with annual revenues of approximately $1.4 billion and offices in 9 countries. The client sought a partner that could help the enterprise respond to the rising need for hybrid IT solutions by enhancing its cloud capabilities.
The client wanted to augment its competencies by improving its private cloud capabilities. The private cloud (HPC) hosted both, managed and shared environments.
The client sought GSS help to –
- Eliminate dependence on complicated, manual intervention for provisioning, deployment, management of the private cloud.
- Improve ease and speed of deployment
- Strengthen control and enable on-demand availability of services from the private cloud
Taking into consideration the client’s requirements and business objectives, GSS decided to automate the HPC to boost agility, security and performance of the cloud
- Created a self-service model where client can provision and execute customer onboarding tasks with minimum manual intervention
- Enabled automated validation of Golden BLUEprints against minimum and maximum limits for CPU, RAM, Storage etc. using scenarios
- Simplified creation of networks, load balancers, micro segmentation with NSX scenarios
- Enabled creation and validation of tenant specific reservations in VRA automated Test script development for web and CLI/API based systems
The solution involved leveraging vRealize Automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), to create scenarios in both managed and shared environments. This resulted in –
- Automation of HPC (Hosted Private Cloud)
- Automated VM backups and recovery using SRM features